The Town of Oulu Board of Review will be held on Wednesday, May 10, 2023 beginning at 4:30 p.m. (must be in session a minimum of 2 hours) in the Town Hall.
1. Call Board of Review to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Proof of Publication for Board of Review and Open Meetings Notices
4. Elect Chairperson for Board of Review
5. Election Vice-Chairperson for Board of Review
6. Verification of Mandatory Training Requirements
7. Verification of Confidentiality of Income and Expenses Ordinance
8. Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s Office
9. Receipt of the Assessment Roll by Clerk from the Assessor
10. Receive the Assessment roll and Sworn Statements from the Clerk
11. Review the Assessment Roll and Perform Statutory Duties:
Examine the roll,
Correct description or calculation errors,
Add omitted property, and
Eliminate double assessed property
12. Discussion / Action – Certify all Corrections of Error under State Law (sec. 70.43, Wis. Stats.)
13. Discussion / Action – Verify with the Assessor that Open Book changes are included in the Assessment Roll
14. Allow Taxpayers to Examine Assessment Data
15. During the First Two Hours, Consideration of:
Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause,
Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court,
Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement,
Subpoena requests, and
Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
Review Notices of Intent to File Objection
Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date
Consider / Act on scheduling additional Board of Review date(s)
Notice Posted: May 1, 2023 Notice Posted at: Town Hall, Town Hall Door
Town Web Site: ouluwisconsin.com
BY: Diana Reijo, Clerk
It is possible that members of and possibly a quorum of members of other governmental bodies of the municipality may be in attendance at the above-stated meeting to gather information; no action will be taken by any governmental body at the above-stated meeting other than the governmental body specifically referred to above in this notice.
Also, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. If a person with a disability requires that the meeting be accessible or that materials at the meeting be in an accessible format call Diana Reijo, Clerk at least 48 hours in advance to request adequate accommodations. Telephone: 715-372-4507.